In compliance with the Corporate Governance Code published by Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission by Notification dated June 3, 2018 the Board of Directors of LafargeHolcim Bangladesh Ltd. (the “Company”) has formed two sub-committees; Audit Committee & Nomination and Remuneration Committee. These sub-committees support, assist and advise the Board of Directors.
This committee assists and advises the Board of Directors in conducting its supervisory duties, specifically those relating to financial matters and internal control systems. It is also responsible for the following:
- Examining and reviewing the reporting submitted to the attention of the Board of Directors
- Evaluating Company’s external and internal audit procedures
- Reviewing the compliance and risk management system
- Assessing financing issues
The following are the members of the Audit Committee:
- Chairman : Mr. Rajiv Prasad Shaha, Independent Director
- Member : Mr. Jorge Bonnin Bioslada, Director
- Member : Ms. Claudia Albertini, Director
Kazi Mizanur Rahman, Legal Director & Company Secretary of the Company, is the Secretary to the Audit Committee.
Nomination and Remuneration Committee:
This committee supports the Board of Directors in planning and preparing succession at the Senior Management level, and in all governance-related matters. It is responsible for the following:
- Monitoring developments relating to compensation for the Board of Directors and Senior Management and to governance-related matters
- Briefing the Board of Directors accordingly
- Deciding on compensation paid to the Executive Management, and on the Chief Executive Officer’s targets and performance assessment
- Informing the Board of Directors as a whole of the decisions taken
The following are the members of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee:
- Chairman : Dr. Rubana Huq, Independent Director
- Member : Mr. Christof Hässig, Non Executive Director
- Member : Mr. Julio Rodriguez Izquierdo, Non Executive Director
Kazi Mizanur Rahman, Legal Director & Company Secretary of the Company, is the Secretary to the Nomination and Remuneration Committee.